This weeks blog has been sent to us by the lovely Beverley at Awaken Life Coaching – I’ve known Bev for almost 5 years now and she has taught me so much both on a personal and business level that I was over the moon she agreed to be our guest blogger. At the start of each year I go all the way to Monmouth to attend her vision board workshops and they are amazing, so it seemed only right this was the perfect topic for Bev to cover.
I know, I know you’re probably thinking what a load of nonsense but over the years just a few of the biggies that I have been able to manifest exactly as they are on my boards include my Vauxhall corsa (with heated steering wheel & seats, my exact specification), a baby girl and business growth. There are lots of smaller things too and many coincidences.
Anyway less of me… Here is the blog!
Vision Boards – Bring yourself and leave with your future in your hands
I was introduced to Vision Boards many years ago and due to their success I actively now work with others to encourage and show them how to develop theirs. As I travelled through a big life change where I crashed out of a 30 year career through burnout I discovered that by placing all my future plans in words and pictures on a board they over time became my reality.
I learnt that vision boards are basically a great way of placing all the things you would like your life to be on one board. By then placing the board in a prominent position within your home or office it will act as a constant reminder of where you want your life/ business to be.
They can be as low-key or ambitious as you want them to be – it’s up to you. Like any artist you start with a blank canvas and then the fun begins; the creativity within you is set free. Armed with magazines, newspapers, leaflets, print outs – you name it if it’s visual you can use it – pictures and words can be placed on your board, so why not let 2017 be the year you allow your spirit and intuition run free.
Grab a scissors and some glue – place your board in front of you and off you go – apart from these fundamentals the only other thing you need is the BELIEF that whatever you place on the board can and will happen – because YOU WANT IT TO!!
Trust me – it works!
So what do you do next – well here is my guide to creating your vision board for the year ahead:
Your Vision board is Your Vision!
How do they work?
- By helping you to focus on the things you want to bring to your life
‘The Law of Attraction’
The 7 steps to making your vision reality come in the form of
- Visualisation – The picture / words
- Clarity – Be clear / be precise
- Thought – The image in your mind
- Feelings – Using your imagination, how it feel when the vision is indeed your reality
- Determination – To succeed and follow all opportunities that present themselves
- Belief – The Power – Positive Thoughts, you HAVE to Believe
- Inspired Action – Take when opportunities present themselves
How to Create Your Board
- Take time out for yourself, this is not a speedy process although you can do it over a short period of time.
- Find space, you will need this to be creative
- Surround yourself with good energy – use music, candles, lighting to create your space
- You will need a board, scissors, creative tools, glue, stickers, magazines
Then before you start!
- De-clutter – this is important in all areas but specifically in the creation of the board, you must clear your mind and create the board in a positive frame of mind!
- Write a gratitude list of all the things you currently have in your life that you are thankful for.
- Write a list of all the things that may or are holding you back from your dream
- Clarity – You must be clear and precise about what you put on the board, you must know that whatever you put on the board you can embrace when it comes to you.
- Confidence – you must have the confidence and self esteem to carry out any actions needed to pursue your vision, if you haven’t consider reading some books or attending some courses that will help
- Beware of confidence thieves or those who are imposing their limiting beliefs on you.
- Determination and Belief again are an absolute MUST!
Once you have worked through the above then you are ready to be creative!
- Cut out of magazines, papers, brochures etc photos, words, quotes etc of all the things you want in your life. Use whatever fits best with your vision, there is no right or wrong
- Taking a photograph of yourself, place it in the middle of the board, this is important as it is your focus of energy that will feed through what you place on the board – only place on the board a photograph you are happy with.
- Glue all your cuttings around the centre photograph
You do not have to complete the board in one go, it can be a moving cycle, you can add things as you go along. People I know have a new board for each year, whilst others have a five year board; it is whatever works for you.
- Once the board is complete sit back and study it, how does it make you feel?
- Take a piece of paper and whilst looking at the board write a list of Affirmations – these are positive statements which put you into the vision e.g. I am driving a …….. I am in a loving relationship, I live in …I work at / as……..
Remember all Affirmations start with the positive and are in stated in the NOW!
I am, I will, I can, I do etc
Whilst looking at your board try and list 10.
Then place your completed board somewhere where you will see it EVERY DAY. It is important to spend a few minutes with your board to absorb your vision as when you fill your mind with the reality you are imagining the physical world / the universe reacts to bring it to you.
In the beginning you may feel like ‘it’ll never work’ but have patience and as time passes you will see your board come to life.
So I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a 2017 where all your dreams come true – because you made it happen!
You have the Power within YOU!!
Hopefully, you all enjoyed Bev’s blog as much as I did, I know for certain I’ll read this through a few more times between now and me finishing all my cutting and sticking for my 2017 vision board to make sure I haven’t missed anything! If you’d like to read more about Bev, Please visit her website over at Awaken Life Coaching or purchase her book Made it Thru the Rain over on amazon (The reviews on this one are glowing)!
Next week, I’ll be talking goals and how to go get them… So now is the time to get your vision for the journey ahead down in to visual form so we can start planning in more detail.
Take Care, Love Iona